CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Goats, Chickens and Kittens!! Oh my!!!

I am now admitting to a skill I have. A little known skill that I haven't used in years, but will be using this weekend!! Here goes... I can milk goats!! Yep, that's right. I have a little bit of farm girl in me, lol.

A friend from my homeschool group posted on the homeschool forum that she needed someone to come milk her goats and gather eggs and just take care of the animals while she's camping with her family this weekend. I replied, as well as several others, but I was the only one who has milked before. So, needless to say I was chosen to be the stand in milker.

I'm actually looking forward to it!! I met the goats last night and, oh, are they cute!!! I also saw the chickens!! That was awesome! And then, of course, I stayed and chatted for a bit, as is my nature. Lol.

And what about the kittens? Well, while we were in the barn meeting the goats her 7 year old son brought in a couple cute little kittens!! So fluffy and soft!!! Kinda makes me want another one... Kitten, that is!! lol. But then I think... They scratch, they poop in the house and they shed. No thanks!!! The 1 cat we have is too much for me as it is, lol.

0 comments: